Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wired

The idea of this project has been slowly cooking in my head for months now but I just didn't have the time to actually start working on it. It kept bugging me, fluttering about in my mind every single day. I dreamt about it at night, I thought about it while washing the dishes, while ironing and even while working on commissions...
When I woke up this past Sunday morning I knew it was finally TIME. No more waiting. Although this will mean serious, and I mean very serious catching up work later on, I put everything else aside and began letting the flutter out of my head.

I started by printing the background image both on paper and on fabric, then sketching the design on the paper print. The lettering was also "drawn" by hand. I guess I could have printed that too, but I feel that even though less than perfect, it is more personal the way I wrote it.


After stitching the lettering I drew my butterflies, three in number and all three pink :) Traced the wings on cotton fabric and couched the wires... Yes, sweet little stumpwork butterflies! (that is what I am hoping for)


This is my very first attempt to both wired stumpwork elements and long&short stitch, and although the first set of wings didn't turn out identical, at the end of the day I am happy with the result. Considering...




Two more butterflies to go and a teeny tiny bit of silk ribbon embroidery on the background... See you all when I get there.

Wishing everyone a beautiful week!

6 comments:

Evik said...

Hi Mánya!
WOW, so Beautiful!!!
I look forward to the finished butterflies :)

Have a very nice day!
Eva

kal32 said...

This will be georgeous :D

Leki-Rita said...

Lenyűgöző kezdet ♥!

Abigail Smycken Handmade said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful! You are extremely talented and I can't wait for the end result!

Renee said...

Wow! The wings are beautiful. I look forward to seeing your butterflies!

Suztats said...

Looking so good! Looking forward to seeing more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...