Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tending the garden

My little garden is growing and growing. This is what it looks like now, after about 4 more hours of stitching:


Today I started with the wisteria branch. Again, I used tissue paper to transfer my design, although the word "transfer" is not necessarily appropriate, as this time I pinned the tissue paper to my block and stitched right through it with stem stitches, using 2 threads of Nina's hand dyed Dark Chocolate cotton embroidery thread.

After completing the stitching, the tissue paper came off almost by itself (I'm definitely going to use this technique again), then I whipped the stem stitches to get the effect I was looking for.


And it was finally time for the tree. For the trunk and the thicker branches I used chain stitches, while for the thinner ones whipped stem stitches, with the same thread as for the wisteria. It still needs some finishing touches-stitches here and there before it grows leaves and blossoms.


I aslo started to work on the flower beds, some more planting still needs to be done there and I also plan to do something about those paths... Pebbles perhaps... still need to figure out how to stitch them :) Any ideas???


Have a great day, Everyone!

 

6 comments:

Maureen said...

So pretty!!!

Lee Albrecht said...

Vai ficar maravilhoso!

Patty C. said...

So pretty ;)

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I've never been interested in CQ, but may try after seeing this, it's so pretty. How about granitos for the pebbles?

Shirlee Fassell said...

Your work is beauitful!!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your garden is beautiful. Some stones would be pretty for your garden paths.
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...