Monday, February 20, 2012

Pebble Adventure

The fact that I love embroidery is a well known fact for everyone who knows the tiniest thing about me.
A lot less people are aware of another fact: I have been collecting pebbles for as long as I can remember. I have pebbles that remind me of special moments in my life, special places I visited, a play I've seen, a book I've read... And pebbles I just picked up in an ordinary moment of an ordinary day, just because they caught my attention. There's at least one in my purse right now, and if I look, I might find some in the pocket of my coat, too...  Now, this does not mean that I have tons of pebbles all over the house, my collection "only" fills a jar and a small shoebox (ok, plus my purse and pockets LOL).
So when my friend, Debbie, first blogged about the Pebble Adventure she has embarked on with another friend, Marjolein, I knew I wanted to participate!

Items to be trapped

 I had to finish something else before I could start on my pebble, but reading the discussions and seeing the photos of the participants' progress on Stitchin' Fingers, only made me to want to start sooner... And today I finally did. My beads, washer and broken jewelry parts (curtesy of my daughter) are trapped, and threads and needles are all lined up to start encrusting tomorrow.

Items trapped

Ready for embroidery

As I am still experimenting with this trapping thing, I decided to keep my pebble small, with not too many items trapped. I am really curious to see how it will work.

Now I'm off to work on a new project, about which I can't wait to tell you all when the time comes!

Have a happy Monday, Everyone!

4 comments:

Lee Albrecht said...

Uma nova aventura e com certeza será bela!
tenha uma semana abençoada!

Suztats said...

A really nice start. I'll be watching your progress!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am so happy you decided to join in our Pebble Adventure! You are off to a great start and I know the finished project will be amazing like every thing else you stitch. A secret project!!!! I can't wait to hear about that!
Deb

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Manya, Do you have a finished pebble you would like to share in the summer issue of crazy quilt gatherings magazine? Marjolein and others are sharing theirs. Just email a jpg to angell100@comcast.net.
Thank you.
Smiles,
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...