Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Good health, good luck and wisdom is what I wish for all of us for 2012. 
A happier and better New Year to All!

Along with the ongoing projects, like the Reticello sampler we are embroidering with Lee Albrecht (new motifs added during Christmas),





new projects and new challenges have already started. On January 3rd I received my January Trim and Treasure Club package from Flights of Fancy Boutique and it inspired me to start my first crazy quilted purse. I pieced it today to fit a vintage sew on purse frame I've had for some months now, waiting for me to make a new purse for it. Sorry, the photo is not the best, but it's the best I could take on such a cloudy afternoon. Since the photo was taken, I sewed on the laces and trims and it already looks very pretty, if I may say so myself :)


Another thing that I am really happy about is that my Fabulous First Timer's round robin block arrived home today and it is GORGEOUS! Many thanks and congratulations to the wonderful and talented group of ladies that participated in FFT 17!
Now you would like to see a picture of this block, wouldn't you? Believe me, I tried to take one. But I will have to wait for the sun to come out and try again then, to do the block justice.

This year I am participating in another crazy quilting round robin, this time with another group. My pink and purple blocks are ready to be sent out and I am really looking forward to this new adventure.

And the TSAT 2012 (Take a Stitch Tuesday) challenge with Sharon Boggon has already started on Tuesday. The first stitch of the year is fly stitch, my favorite for embroidering leaves. Now I better thread my needle to catch up on this challenge :)

Happy stitching!

7 comments:

Lee Albrecht said...

Annamaria.
Obrigado! Desejo um Feliz Ano novo repleto das Bençãos de Deus!
Em breve estarei enviando novas etapas do reticello... está ficando magnífico!
A Bolsa em crazy... maravilhosa!
beijos e um ótimo ano de 2012 para voce... cada dia, um dia especial em sua vida!

Mosaic Magpie said...

What absolutly beautiful stitching you have been doing. I love the sampler and the purse...well it will be gorgeous as it is already off to a great start. Happy New Year my friend!
Deb

Palkó said...

Neked is nagyon boldog új évet kívánok!

Maria Filomena said...

Manya,
está a ficar lindo!!!!
e a bolsa??? maravilhosa!!!
parabéns com abraços de Maria Filomena

Nicola said...

I was so excited that week one had finally arrived. I like fly stitch so was pleased to begin with that stitch. Your purse and Reticello are beautiful.

Suztats said...

Your Reticello sampler is absolutely gorgeous, and I love what you've been creating. That purse will be wonderful. I received my order from FoF Boutique and was so impressed, I sent in a second order, spending all my Christmas money.

Evy said...

Thank you for your good wishes, that 2012 is of the happiest and most creative for you, a blessing for all your family!

Beautiful day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...